Arroz con Gandules
2 Cups White Rice
1 (15 Ounce) Can of Pigeon Peas
1 (5 g) Packet Sazon (*make sure there are no meat flavorings)
4 Ounces of Tomato Sauce
1/4 of a Medium Onion
1/4 of a Bell Green Pepper
2 Cups Water
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1. Pour olive oil in a cast iron/aluminum pot until hot.
2. Bring the temp up to med-high and pour in onion, bell pepper until veggies soften.
3. Pour in tomato sauce and mix well.
4. Add the water and wait until it boils.
5. Pour in pigeon peas (gandules) and let boil for a minute.
6. Pour in rice.
7. Stir ONCE and put the lid on it, sealing tightly.
8. Let sit for 20 minutes on low-medium.
9. If the rice looks gummy DO NOT STIR IT, just put the lid back on and wait until the rice is firm (ready).