Chilis on Wheels Signature Chili
1 Cup of Kidney Beans
1 Cup of Pinto Beans
1 Cup of Pink Beans
1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
4 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
2 Cups of Tomato Sauce
1 Can of Tomatoes (Diced)
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Green Bell Pepper (Chopped)
1/2 Tsp of Salt
2 Tbsp of Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch
2 Teaspoons Cumin
2 Cups of Water
1. In a pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering.
2. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
3. Stir to combine and then cook until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add the garlic, chili powder, corn starch and cumin.
5. Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, the tomato sauce, the beans in their water, and the additional water.
6. Stir to combine and let the mixture come to a simmer.
7. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer, for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the chili from heat.