1 Cup Dry Lentils
3 Cups Water
1/2 tsp. +/- Salt, to Taste
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, Diced
2 Cups Cooked Potatoes, Cubes or Diced
1/2 tsp. Turmeric, to Taste
1. Check lentils for small stones as you rinse them under running water.
2. Place in a bowl or pot with 3 cups of water and allow to sit for a few minutes.
3. Put 2 1/2 cups of water to boil.
4. Drain lentils and add to the boiling water.
5. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until lentils are almost to the desired tenderness.