3-4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Onion, Chopped
1, 5 Ounce Box of Fideo Vermicelli Noodles
1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce (1/2 of a 14.5 Ounce Can)
2 Cups Water
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
1/8 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1. Sauté onion in olive oil on medium heat.
2. Once onion is pearly and translucent, add in the noodles. NOTE: Don’t expect the noodles to soften completely yet.
3. Sauté them until they are a bit softer.
4. They change colors quickly, so continue sautéing the noodles until you reach the toastiness you like.
5. Add in tomato sauce and water. Stir continuously. Raise the heat to high.
6. Add in salt, cumin and garlic. Stir! Once it starts to bubble and boil, lower the heat to simmer.
7. Carefully taste the broth. Let it simmer about 7-8 minutes until creamy and thick.
8. Stir often. NOTE: Watch it closely because you do not want to cook off all of your broth before your noodles are done.
9. You want the noodles to cook until completely softened, but don’t let them burn.
10. It’s ready when the noodles are completely soft.